Tuesday, March 22, 2016

You Make Me Happy

Created this for the Paper Issues Scrapbooking Crop challenge for Big Ass Title and for Shimelle's weekly challenge to scrap black and white photos.

No scrapbook supplies except 2 sheets of white American Crafts card stock  and a few small embellishments were used for this layout. I cut a saying from the 
Silhouette online store on the first sheet. I put clear gesso on the other sheet and when it was dry, I applied stripes of watercolor across the page. 

Then I laid the cut sheet over the water-colored sheet and attached it. I took the letters for HAPPY and put a double layer of thin foam on the backs of them. I inserted my 3 grandchildren's photos in the holes in the A, P and P. Then I stuck them down off-center of the letter spaces, so the color underneath would peek out. I put just a few tiny embellishments on it and called it done.  

This is kind of waaay out of my comfort zone, but the idea struck when I read the challenge, and I just wanted to try the white on white look. I couldn't let go of all color though... I love color! Thank you for looking.



2 comments:

  1. This is completely adorable! I love how the watercolor is a shadow effect on the happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LisaDV. I hoped it would look good. I thought it was more interesting that setting the word right over the watercolored page.

      Delete